Privacy and Conduct Policy
Last Modified: February 8, 2019
NVComputers Inc through Next Dimension is providing an art sharing app in augmented reality. It is the first of its kind and a great way to share your art and collaborate with your friends, family, and the world.
When you use these services, you’ll share some information with us. We want to be transparent about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls we give.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through our services, such as photos and comments with your friends. Keep in mind that the users you share photos and comments, and any other content to can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to Next Dimension as well: Don’t send comments or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you viewed and commented on a particular image, saw a specific ad for a certain period of time, and posted images. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as which worlds you choose and where you choose to place your images.
- how you comment with other users, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of posts you exchange with your friends, which friends you interact with the most, and your interactions with images, saving, and mapping.
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our services, such as custom images, and information about the content you create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone;
- information from device sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, compasses, GPS; and
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, and signal strength.
- information about your GPS signal strength and position
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to post or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties. Here are a few examples:
- If you link your Next Dimension account to another service (like Facebook or a third-party app), we may receive information from the other service, like how you use that service.
- Advertisers may let us know you installed a new app or game so we can determine whether we showed you an ad for it.
- If you interact with one of our advertisers, they may share information with us to help target or measure the performance of ads.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize our services by, among other things, suggesting friends, worlds, or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- provide and improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location information (again, if you’ve given us permission to collect that information), both on and off our services.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other users. We may share the following information with other users:
- information about you, such as your username, name, email, and Facebook.
- information about how you have interacted with our services.
- any additional information you have directed us to share.
- content you post or send.
- With all users, our business partners, and the general public. We may share the following information with all users as well as with our business partners and the general public:
- public information like your name, username, email and profile pictures.
- post submissions that are set to be viewable by everyone and any content that you submit to an inherently public service.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities affiliated with NVComputers.
- With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With business partners. We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If NVComputers gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services
Provided by Others
Additionally, some companies, including our affiliates, may use information collected on our services to measure the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.
Provided by Us
How Long We Keep Your Information
Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to protect privacy, there are legal requirements to store your data and we may receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. We may retain certain information in backup for a minimum of 6 years, or as required by law.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Revoking permissions. If you let us use your information, you can always change your mind and simply revoke your permission by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Revoking login access. You can disable the Facebook login privileges from its webpage and revoke the permission for Next Dimension
- Advertising Preferences. We try to show you ads that we think will be relevant to your interests.
- Communicating with other users. It’s important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. You and other users can maintain control of content and messages by controlling different Worlds.
Users in the European Union
If you’re a user in the European Union, you should know that NVComputers is the controller of your personal information. Here is some additional information we would like to bring to your attention:
Bases for using your information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called “legal bases” and, at NVComputers, we typically rely on one of four:
- Contract. One reason we might use your information is because you’ve entered into an agreement with us. For example, when you engage in “in-game” app purchases, we need to use some of your information to collect payment and make sure we implement your purchase correctly.
- Legitimate interest. Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services, including protecting your account, posting content, providing customer support, and helping you interact in our worlds. Because most of our services are free, we also use some information about you to try and show you ads you’ll find interesting. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests don’t outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data doesn’t significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so.
- Consent. In some cases, we’ll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions. Even if we’re not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like location, data usage, image storage, mobile data use, etc.
- Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. We’ve given you the ability to stop the use of your data by disabling the feature altogether. You can do these things in the app. If there are other types of information you don’t agree with us processing, you can email email@example.com to contact customer support.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information of EU users outside the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place. For internal transfers, we rely on Model Contractual Clauses or the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Complaints? If you’re based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.
Code of Conduct and Enforcement
A team of professionals is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of a safe, secure and enjoyable experience for all Next Dimension members. Here are our core values at NVComputers:
Integrity: We are accountable for our actions; we must make consistent, unbiased decisions based on the best available evidence.
Compassion: The policy is our guide. We must do what is right, not always just what is written. Context matters.
Precision: With authority comes great responsibility; we must be precise in our investigations, documentation, reporting, and application of enforcement policy.
Team: Each individual is critical to our success. Each is trusted and empowered to do what is right. We learn from mistakes and always try to improve. We care deeply about our customer’s experiences on Next Dimension and are dedicated as a team to make it a safe and fun place to be!
Conduct in Next Dimension
What is considered conduct in Next Dimension? Conduct is anything you do that impacts yourself, others, NVComputers or Next Dimension
What are examples of conduct that is prohibited in Next Dimension?
(Note: the examples below are just a few examples of Conduct prohibited by the Next Dimension Code of Conduct. Just because something isn’t on this list doesn’t mean it’s OK.)
- Don’t create, share, use, or promote prohibited Content.
- Don’t engage in illegal activity. For example, don’t:
- Threaten to physically hurt others
- Spread lies about someone, a product, a business, or a group
- Post a nude photo knowing the subject of the photo meant for it to be kept private
- Extort or otherwise threaten action unless you get something you want
- Don’t harm or harass. For example, don’t:
- Engage in self-harm
- Encourage violence against people or animals
- Scream at, intimidate, or bully others
- Violate another person’s privacy (e.g., share someone’s personal information like home address)
- Fail to protect your account, devices, and personal information (e.g., lend your credentials, post your private information publicly, fail to supervise your devices)
- Don’t harm NVComputers, Next Dimension, or another person’s device. For example, don’t:
- Post links to malware
- Interfere with another’s ability to access their network or device
- Interfere with Next Dimension
- Don’t cheat or tamper. For example, don’t:
- Use unauthorized hardware or software
- Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
- Make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents
- Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods
- Don’t pirate or use another’s content without permission. For example, don’t:
- Share content more broadly than you’re allowed to share
- Use another’s intellectual property without permission (e.g., copyrights, trade secrets)
- Don’t engage in fraud or unauthorized transactions. For example, don’t:
- Lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide third parties access to your accounts
- Access or attempt to access accounts that you do not own
- Purchase account credit or content from unauthorized parties
- Attempt to use or share fraudulent methods for getting account credit, content, or hardware
- Use your account to trade services for account credit or content
- Resell or redistribute any part of Next Dimension
- Impersonate another person (e.g., Next Dimension staff, moderators, employees of game developers, publishers, or other Next Dimension partners)
- Don’t promote prohibited Conduct.
Content in Next Dimension
What is considered content in Next Dimension? Content is anything you create, share, use, or promote that another person could see or hear or otherwise experience, like usernames, profile information, and in-game content.
What are examples of content that is prohibited in Next Dimension?
(Note: the examples below are just a few examples of Content prohibited by the Next Dimension Code of Conduct. Just because something isn’t on this list doesn’t mean it’s OK.)
- Content involving illegality. For example:
- Gambling, piracy, child pornography, obscenity, or criminal activity
- Underage drinking, illegal drug use, or socially irresponsible behavior connected with drug use (e.g., drinking and driving)
- Terrorism (e.g., bomb or other weapon making instructions)
- Information that could help identity thieves (e.g., government-issued identification number)
- Content that could harm or harass a person, including yourself, or an animal. For example:
- Profane words or phrases
- Suicide-related content
- Negative speech (including hate speech or threats of harm) directed at people who belong to a group, including groups based on race, ethnicity, nationality, language, gender, age, disability, veteran status, religion, or sexual orientation/expression
- Content showing or promoting animal abuse
- Content that is controversial. For example:
- Sexual, provocative, pornographic, or adult content
- Violent content
- Controversial religious content
- Anything involving notorious people or organizations
- Anything involving sensitive events, current or historical
- Content that is unauthorized. For example:
- Images and other content you don’t have permission to use
- Illegitimately obtained photos
- Content that promotes, or sounds or looks like words, phrases, puns, images or imagery that refer to any prohibited content
A violation of the Next Dimension Code of Conduct may be cause for these or other actions:
- Automatic assignment of a new username, if you create an inappropriate username.
- Content deletion, if you create or use inappropriate Content.
- Permanent suspension or device ban, if you commit an egregious violation that includes, but is not limited to: GPS “spoofing”, hacking, modding, profile tampering, fraud, trading or stealing accounts, severe racial remarks, impersonating Next Dimension staff, displaying nudity, repeatedly creating inappropriate usernames or profile content, distributing URLs to phishing sites.
- Permanent suspension or device ban, if you repeatedly commit violations.
UPON RECEIVING A PERMANENT SUSPENSION, YOU FORFEIT ALL CONTENT AND IN-GAME ACCOUNT BALANCES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUSPENDED ACCOUNT.
If you encounter Conduct or Content that violates the Next Dimension Code of Conduct, don’t retaliate with prohibited Conduct or Content. Instead, you can:
- Report user content using the “Report” button features
- Give offending users negative feedback
- File a complaint at firstname.lastname@example.org
Revisions to the Privacy and Conduct Policy
We may change this Privacy and Conduct Policy from time to time. But when we do, we’ll let you know one way or another. Sometimes, we’ll let you know by revising the date at the top of the Privacy and Conduct Policy that’s available on our website and mobile application. Other times, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our websites’ homepages or providing you with an in-app notification).